Release Date: January 2018 (est)
Publisher: Bedside Press
Format: Fiction Anthology
Genre: Gothic Romance
Purchase Online: n/a
Kickstarter Date: July 15 – September 15, 2017 LIVE NOW
Gothic Tales of Haunted Love is an upcoming comics anthology in development at Bedside Press. These are tales of lovers torn apart, ghostly revenge, and horrific deeds, in the vein of 1970s gothic romance comics such as Haunted Love, Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love, and Gothic Romances. A modern re-imagining of this genre, the stories feature a diverse range of heroes and villains from some of comics finest talent, and will likely feature a few stories of a woman in a white dress running away from a scary house.
A Kickstarter to raise funds for printing and production is expected to launch in Summer 2017. A foreword by Jacque Nodell (Sequential Crush) introduces the genre to readers. The book will be edited by Hope Nicholson (The Spectacular Sisterhood of Superwomen) and S.M. Beiko (Scion of the Fox).
Contributors and stories include:
- Amber Noelle & Allison Paige – My Heart Still Beats For You – A hospital patient is intrigued by a flirty nurse – and haunted by the sound of their newly transplanted heart.
- Barbara Guttman – One More Cup – A woman soothes a monster with tea to protect the villagers from its wrath
- Chris Stone & Dani Bee – Lovers’ Moon – A woman has to choose between two brothers, but the mysterious death of one suddenly makes her decision that much easier.
- Dante L. & H. Pueyo – Fazenda do Sangue Azul – in 1960s Brazil, a renegade journalist takes refuge in an abandoned plantation and discovers a lonely ghost.
- S.M. Beiko & Maia Kobabe – A Heritage of Woods – A young woman discovers the dark heritage of her ancestors and the magic behind the suburban forests.
- Colleen Coover – Rose’s Heart – A beautiful woman seeks the heart of a good man.
- David Robertson & Scott Henderson – The Return – an elder heals a recently deceased woman who sets out to recover her lost love.
- Femi Sobowale & Caroline Dougherty – L’Heure Verte – a young socialite disovers a bewitching woman at a party who is more than she seems.
- Hien Pham – Minefield – In 1950s Vietnam, a lost soul comes to the aid of a farmer’s field under attack.
- Hope Nicholson & Scott Chantler – Goldblind – During the Yukon goldrush, two lovers chase the motherlode.
- Janet Hetherington & Ronn Sutton – Crush – a new governess comes to care for the rogueish widow of a stately manor and his charming brood of children.
- Katie West & Ray Fawkes – What’s Best – In 1930s Ontario, a young woman discovers her mother will do anything to set her daughter up with a nice young man.
- Megan Kearney – Mistress Fox – A young bride spins a story of murder and deceit that paints her husband as a killer…but is there any truth to her tale?
- Nika – Secrets in the Silk – A fashion journalist lands the interview of her dreams – but it unearths deadly secrets of Taiwan’s most popular fashion designer
- Sarah W. Searle – Penddraig – The new lady of a manor falls in love with her maid while dealing with the icy cruelty of her new husband
- Svetla Nikolova & LAB – Ouroboros – A sorceror and his wife take turns dealing in necromancy and passion
- Willow Dawson & Cecil Castelluci – I am the Song – A lonely song haunts two young lovers.
- Cherelle Higgins & Rina Rozsas – Green, Gold and Black – 1728 Jamaica, on the eve of a slave uprising, a young house slave tries to protect her newborn infant from a pair of vengeful ghosts.
- Kitty Curan/Larissa Zageris – How Grave is Your Misfortune? Are you trapped in a gothic romance story? Take this quiz to find out!
- Sanho Kim – The Promise – a reprint of the classic tale of two sisters who help a young soldier in his war.
- Rahzzah – pinup
- John K Snyder III – pinup
- Leslie Doyle – cover art